On the nightstand:
– Shouts and Whispers: Twenty-One Writers Speak About Their Writing and Their Faith, Jennifer Holberg
– Awed to Heaven, Rooted in Earth, Walter Brueggemann
– The Year of Magical Thinking, Joan Didion
– Divine Intervention: Encountering God Through the Ancient Practice of Lectio Divina, Tony Jones
– Embracing Soul Care: Making Space for What Matters Most, Stephen W. Smith
– the new JPG magazine
Prevalent on the Pod:
– Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
– Neko Case, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
– Neko Case, Live from Austin, Texas
– Foo Fighters, Skin and Bones
– Sally Dworsky, Start It All Over Again
I’ve carved out some time this weekend to gear up for 2007, in an effort to be more intentional about how I spend my time and resources in the coming year. Although a lot of good things happened in 2006, I feel like I squandered a lot of time. Fewer books read, fewer completed art projects and essays than intended.
So far, I have:
– a reading plan
– a list of new art projects to try
– some potential sources for submissions for photos and essays
– freshly manicured fingers and toes
– a warm, fluffy robe
Still some soul care and Urban Skye planning to come.
more sleep. less Red Bull.
more creativity. less working for The Man.
all in all, a more life-giving vs. soul-stealing year.