My heart was made happy by the arrival of this in the mail today. Glad to be able to start it tomorrow. Between this book and our Urban Skye Advent Guide, I hope to post some Advent thoughts throughout the season.
I think this is what I aspire to…
“I hope you’ve met at least one Kingdom person in your life. They are surrendered people. You sense that life is OK at their core. They have given control to Another and are at peace. A Kingdom person lives for what matters, for life in its deepest sense. There’s a kind of gentle absolutism about their life-style, a kind of calm freedom. Kingdom people feel like grounded yet spacious people. Whatever they are after, they already seem to be enjoying it – and seeing it in unlikely places. Kingdom people make you want to be like them…. Kingdom people are anchored by their awareness of God’s love deep within.”
Source: Jesus’ Plan for a New World, Richard Rohr
(Daily thought from inward/outward)
What: Urban Skye Art & Design Shared Studio
When: Tuesday, December 11,2007, 7 pm.
Where: 2830 S. Harrison St., Denver.
Details: Got some last minute Christmas projects you need to finish? Bring those along! Bring a project you are working on, or something that inspires you, or something that sounds like fun to do around other people. Show & tell, asking for help, bringing friends are all highly encouraged. More info on the Urban Skye website.
Did you ever wonder if Dancing Bear was really Mr. Green Jeans on Captain Kangaroo?
– Saw Into the Wild yesterday. Really enjoyed the book when I read it several years ago. But the movie was a bit disappointing. It does have some soul to it, and the music – which is by Eddie Vedder – was spot-on. Haunting, but it was a long 2:20.
– Still mired down in somewhat of a spiritual funk. Not sure what happened to get me here, or how to get out. I’m still “in”, but things are awry. The words that jumped out at me in my lectio divina group this week say it best. Parched ground. Suck. What to do when you seem to have lost your passion and joy?
– Helped a friend facilitate a collage workshop today. Actually made a piece of my own, which I plan to finish this week.
– Looking forward to a bit of family time later this week, and a few days away from work. Not necessarily a restful time; but a nice change of pace.
– Hopefully I will get a chance to work on one of my favorite hobbies: sleep.
– Pulled out the Votivo Christmas Sage candle today. Because it makes me happy.
– Off to finish up a business review for work now.