– is it time to re-visit spiritual direction?
– can I do a 48-hour silent retreat without coming out of my skin, and have something of value come from it? is it worth it (right now)?
– what if I really followed my heart, and didn’t work in a white-collar sweat shop?
– what could that look like?
– if I really followed my heart, what the hell would that even mean?
– why am I not picking up my camera?
– what do I need to be writing?
– why does writing anything feeling so daunting these days?
– courage, o where art thou?
– how can I balance more writing and creative projects with my current job?
– continuing to watch idols of certainty and compentency crumble…
A Homemade Life, Molly Wizenberg
Frank Stitt’s Bottega Favorita: A Southern Chef’s Love Affair with Italian Food*
Frank Stitt’s Southern Table: Recipes and Gracious Traditions from Highlands Bar and Grill
3191 Evenings, Maria Alexandar Vettese and Stephanie Congdon Barnes
The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
Making Sense of Scripture: Big Questions About the Book of Faith, David J. Lose
David Rawlings Machine, A Friend of a Friend
Arcade Fire, Funeral
Johnny Cash, American IV: The Man Comes Around and American VI: Ain’t No Grave
Willie Nelson, Country Music
Dewi Sant, May
Paste Sampler 62
*In my opinion, Frank Stitt is the best chef in Birmingham, and Bottega is one of my favorite restaurants there.
I also want to try Lomography’s Diana F+ adapter for my Canon.
Wishing I had gotten that orange chenille bedspread at the Paris Street Market last weekend. Even if it did have gum on it. It went perfectly with my vintage pink and orange flowered pillowcases. Maybe it will still be there next time.