1. pleasantly kind, benevolent, and courteous.
2. characterized by good taste, comfort, ease, or luxury: gracious suburban living; a gracious home.
3. indulgent or beneficent in a pleasantly
condescending way, especially to inferiors.
4. merciful or compassionate: our gracious king.
So, I want to be more gracious in the coming year. Not in a sugary, Suzy Christian kind of way, and not in the condescending way that dictionary.com suggests in definition number three above. I want to be:
– gracious with my time.
– gracious instead of impatient or intolerant.
– heavier on the compliments and lighter on the criticism.
– gracious in inviting more people to my table.
– gracious. grateful. full of gratitude.
including these guys.
Great thoughts over at A Beautiful Mess about not running out of creative ideas.